Thursday, September 15, 2011

Stuck in the Real World Indeed.

Wow. What a week. And, obviously, it's only THURSDAY.  There are still 2 or 3 days left in this week, depending on how you look at it. However, it is the end of the week for me, because I am done with class til Tuesday. Hooray!

You have NO IDEA what a relief that is. Maybe you will feel my relief after seeing my schedule:

Tuesday: Observation: 7:30am - 3pm @ Columbiana Middle School
Wednesday: Class: 1pm - 4pm @ Montevallo
Thursday: Class: 8am - 11am and 12pm - 3pm at Oak Mountain Middle School.

(Do not ask me why we have graduate classes at a middle school. We are still trying to figure that out ourselves.)

Speaking of figuring stuff out. Wow. There is A LOT of stuff to figure out. Both of our professors bombarded us with info and notes and reading and projects, etc. I'm pretty sure the scared, tired faces I saw across the room were a mirror of my own face as the day wore on.

One of our professors tried to briefly discuss at least 3 different projects with us. Some aren't due until late October. It just made us even more confused.

The thing that kills me is having to sit in class for THREE HOURS per class. My undiagnosed ADD kicks me out of class at the 1.5 hour mark. Good think our professors decided to give us a 10 minute break at that point. Then we had to return from break for more project discussion. Sigh.

My mom said that is how most grad schools operate. How come I didn't know this?

For part of my 2nd class today I was in a great internal argument  with myself about staying in the program and if I was really supposed to be here.

I felt like God gave me a choice. It was to stay here and go to school to be a teacher or to go to Disney World and stay. I felt He told me I would be happy doing either and it was truly my choice.

Natalie asked me today, "So why did you choose to stay?"

Good question.

No comments:

Post a Comment